Tanner and I met with my fertility doctor last week. We came to the decision that we would like to do another egg retrieval since I will most likely be starting chemotherapy in the next month or so. We feel very good about this decision and know that it will promote the ability to have our future children that are in the heavens waiting for their arrival.
We found out that after I am finished with all the anti-cancer medicine after the 10 years of taking it, even if my body has gone infertile and into menopause, I can still carry my own embryo. That brought me so much relief and joy to think about! We already have 3 frozen embryos and the doctor said we will most likely get 1 baby out of them, possibly 2 and under very rare chances, 3! So we are hoping to get at least one more frozen embryo this time around. I would like have to have 4 children, but I will be happy with any and all that I get. I will most likely have the egg retrieval surgery in a couple weeks, so keep me in your prayers. We are praying that we can get at least one or two frozen embryos. I know Heavenly Father can work miracles. My very first egg retrieval a couple years ago, I didn't use any hormone injections because I hadn't gotten my breast surgery yet, so they didn't want to risk spreading the cancer, so we risked possibly not getting any embryo, but we applied our faith. They were able to find one egg, but there's a 30% chance that it will survive retrieval process. It survived. Then comes the fertilization process. There's another 30% chance it will survive. It also survived that process! And just to make things better, this is the egg that is the best quality. The other 2 are fair quality. We like to call it out miracle embryo. It's not luck that it happened that way, God truly works miracles today.
My cousin, Ginger, is simply amazing. She reads minds and knows how I am feeling and what to do for me without having to ask me. She is an inspiration and such an example of love, service and sacrifice. She knew that fertility services are not covered by my insurance and that we are already going to be buried in medical bills without doing the egg retrieval, so she secretively set up this rally account for donations to help with the medical bills, fertility treatment, and care during my journey. The financial burden has been one of the many stressful things on my plate so far, so this is a huge relief. Now I can start just focusing on getting better. I can't thank everyone enough. I love you all and am so grateful for all your love and support. I know Heavenly Father is watching over me and he is sending guardian angels to watch and protect me. Some in form of family others in form of pure strangers, yet all are so willing to serve and I am truly humbled by your love. God bless all of you!
0 sweet words:
Post a Comment