Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Kaydence's Spiritual Experience

I've debated sharing this experience because it's so close to my heart. My Mom probably doesn't want me to share it, but it's really strengthened my testimony as it has Kaydence's, so I've decided to share it. Sorry Mom!

After being on medical leave for 2 months, I started back at work on Monday, June 2nd. That morning was tough to leave. I had gotten to used to staying at home with Kaydence and it made me want to keep it that way, but unfortunately I have to work because of the health insurance I get through my work. That morning while at work, I had a feeling to call my mom to make sure she remembered she was watching Kaydence. We live in the same house, so when Kaydence wakes up, she just goes upstairs to grandma's part of the house. I brushed off that feeling because heck, I was way too busy trying to get caught up on all my work that we got behind on while I was on leave. Plus, I get crappy service in my office, so in order to call, I have to go outside to make a call, so I decided it's fine and that was just my worry-some self thinking it. Plus, I reminded her last night and she never forgets. 

My day flew by because we were so busy. I was so excited to come home to see Kaydence. I finally got home and squeezed her in my arms so tight. After a couple minutes, my Mom said she wanted to tell me something. The way she said it kind of made me nervous. She said it's good and bad. 

She went on to say she knew she was watching Kaydence today when she woke up, but Kaydence was sleeping in and she got a call from my Dad saying he needs her to come out to Queen Creek right away to look at something for the cabin. In the mix of trying to leave in time, she completely forgot about Kaydence and left. Since she hasn't been watching Kaydence for the past 2 months, she's gotten used to having her freedom haha. A lot of my siblings live in the house as well, but all of them were gone, either working or out of town. She was gone for about an hour and a half and when she pulled up into the garage, there was Kaydence opening the door for her to come in the house. My Mom's heart immediately sunk as she realized she had completely forgotten she was watching Kaydence. To my Mom's surprise, Kaydence was so calm and not scared or freaking out at all. 

She greeted my mom, in a soft calm voice "Hi Dramma". 

My mom was shocked how she was acting after being alone for so long. Kaydence was holding a half eaten handmade jelly sandwich on an onion hamburger bun. My Mom asked her if she was ok. 

Kaydence said she was and also said, "Dramma, I heard a boice". 

My mom responded, "A voice?"  

Kaydence said yes. 

She asked her what the voice sounded like. 

Kaydence responded "It wasn't scary. It was quiet and soft". 

Then she asked her, where she was when she heard the voice. 

Kaydence said "Well I woke up and you weren't there. I looked around and couldn't find anyone. Then I went to open the door to look outside to find someone and then I heard the voice. And Dramma, they knew my name. Jesus told them".

My Mom said, "what did the voice say?" 

Kaydence said, "It said Kaydence. I looked around and there was no one there". 

My Mom said, "who was it?"

Kaydence said "Dramma, it was the angels in heaven". 

My Mom couldn't believe what she was hearing.  Kaydence then told my mom how after she heard the voice she felt happy, she closed the door and went to go make a jelly sandwich. 

As my Mom was telling me this story, I was just balling and holding Kaydence in my arms. I couldn't stop kissing her. It amazes me how incredibly close to the spirit my daughter can be. It made me realize how our level of faith has so much to do with the level of spiritual experiences we have. She has so much faith and knows Heavenly Father loves her and protects her. 

After hearing the amazing experience, I asked my Mom what time she left the house. She said, it was about 9:00am. I immediately got chills all over my body. I specifically remember when I got the feeling to call my Mom, I looked at my phone debating whether to call her or not, and my phone read 8:57. It still gives me chills to this day. The Holy Ghost first came to me and I was too busy to listen, so he didn't give up and went directly to the source. If Kaydence had gone outside like she was just about to do, who knows what could have happened to her! The Holy Ghost calling her by name was just enough for her to come inside and give her that happy feeling to go make a sandwich and to be calm and content while she was home alone. 

I have no doubt in my mind that this was real inspiration and that she really heard an audible voice, possibly an angel or the Holy Ghost. I thank my Heavenly Father for answering my prayers. Tanner and I dilligently pray that a special shield of protection will be around Kaydence every day and this is a huge answer to our prayers. I am so grateful God allowed such an experience to happen to Kaydence, and I'm so grateful she was close enough to the spirit to have it happen to her. This doesn't just happen to everyone. Kaydence to this day will overhear me tell the story, and she always corrects me saying, "Mom it's not a story, it REALLY happened".  This experience has inspired me to work harder on getting closer to the spirit to allow personal revelation to flow better in our household. Sometimes all the things of the world hinder us getting answers and personal revelation from our Heavenly Father. We are so busy and bombarded with worldly noise that it's sometimes difficult to receive inspiration.
That night we were in bed thanking Heavenly Father for the experience she had and she stopped and said "Oh and Mom, I forgot to tell you I prayed before I ate my jelly sandwich". That was just the cherry on the top. 

2 sweet words:

Amber Lee said...

Well this put me in years! That's so scary and amazing. That's a special little girl. No doubt your daughter

Reenie said...

WOW!!! Amazing :)