I have gone back and forth with writing this post since it's such a sensitive subject and there's already so many opinions, but I feel very inclined to do so. I have seen a whole lot of praise and a whole lot of hatred toward Bruce Jenner, now known as Caitlyn.
Most of you know my strong opinions on how significant gender is in God's plan and in the eternal perspective. I firmly believe that marriage between a man and a woman is ordained of God and each of our gender is an essential characteristic of our eternal identity and purpose.
This is my belief and I stand by it firmly, but what I believe does not give me permission to say and spread such hateful things all over the internet, or with my friends and family. Treating someone with kindness, as Christ would, does not mean we have to accept their decisions and choice of lifestyle. I believe we are all Brother's and Sister's on this earth and we are put here to learn and to grow, but also learn how to love one another, no matter of their belief system, or lack of. I have so many friends and loved ones that do not believe in the same principles and teachings that I believe in. As a matter of fact, many that have complete opposite views than I do. This does not change the way I feel about them and how I care about them. I love them dearly and hope they feel my love for them even if I do not believe the same things they do.
I am not perfect and I make mistakes on a daily basis. That does not change the way God and Christ feel about me. They love me unconditionally no matter how badly I may sin. This is the way we should strive to treat one another, no matter of background, lifestyle, faith, or gender. We should love, love, love. This also doesn't mean we need to be silent in our beliefs. We should be able to stand up for what we believe in, at the same time of respecting other people's decisions and choice of lifestyle, by treating them with love and respect.
I am reminded of the story in the Bible of the the adulterous woman that was brought to Jesus by the Pharisees hoping to trick Jesus into saying that she should be put to death by stones. While Jesus did not approve of the woman's sin, he did not condemn her for it and he had mercy on her. Jesus says, "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her".
What exactly does, cast a stone mean to us in the world today? We had this lesson in church few weeks ago and it really hit home for me. The instructor related casting the first stone to gossiping and speaking unkindly toward someone that is sinning. Gossiping is so incredibly hard to avoid, especially when it's juicy gossip. It's the natural man and quite honestly, it's a huge addiction. The natural man's first initial instinct to do when they hear gossip is to spread it. It is a very difficult addiction to stop and once gossip starts, it spreads like wildfire. It's very dangerous and extremely hurtful.
I have caught myself since the lesson and have made a goal to try my best not to cast any stones towards anyone, no matter how small the stones may be. Let us all stop casting stones at one another and try to see each other as through God's eyes. We are his children that he loves unconditionally. We may not believe the same things, but we are all on this earth together and we should all learn to love as he has loved us.
Wednesday, June 3, 2015
Casting Stones // Deliteful Thoughts
Love
Chandra
Labels: Deliteful thoughts, Spiritual
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 sweet words:
Love this!
Thanks Julie!
Post a Comment