Today I had a brain scan to see if my brain tumor is shrinking. Most people experience what we call in the cancer world, scanxiety. I don't deal with that as much anymore since I made a 180 change to align my will with God's, but I do experience IV-xiety still.
They weren't able to get the vein again and I immediately got nauseous. They ended up sending the ultrasound equipment to help us get it. I started singing in my mind "I know that my Redeemer lives" as Tanner held my hand. Tears welled up in my eyes, not because the pain or fear, but because I was thinking about the pain and fear I was feeling from the IV, so small and seemingly insignificant, and how Jesus Christ suffered all these feelings for me. Each and every single one. He knows me individually and knows exactly what it feels like to have cancer, to go through chemo and surgery, to have aches and bleeding nose sores, to have headaches and stomach aches, to feel so exhausted you can't even get out of bed. He has felt everything. I feel so overwhelmingly blessed and grateful for my Savior and what he has done for me 

The love he has for all of us is so unconditional and very inspiring.
I absolutely love this portrait emulating Christ's love for us. I have it in my house right when we walk in and it brings me so much joy
0 sweet words:
Post a Comment