Monday, December 14, 2009

RIP Missi Girl

This post is dedicated to my Missi.

I had one of the hardest days last week. My dog, Missi, has been sick for a long time with a terrible cough. She was also going blind and deaf and it was getting worse and worse over time. She was in so much pain coughing almost 24/7 that we had to put her down. I am so sad and feel terrible, but it comforts me to know that she is not in any pain anymore. I got Missi for Christmas when I was 10 and she has been the best dog. She was always there for me. She always made me feel better if I was down or just not feeling good. I am so glad that I got to spend 14 good years with her. She is such a sweetheart. I got to spend all morning with her and give her a bath the day she was going in. It was very emotional for me, but I am so glad I got to bathe her one last time.

I just want to write down one of the memories I have of her. One day I was in my room and I wasn't in a very good mood. I didn't want to be alone, and so I had Missi in there with me. After about a half hour, she got off the bed and tried to go downstairs. I told her to come back and being the good dog she is, she came back. She did it several times again and I kept saying "No, Missi, come back", so she came back again and then a minute or two later she frantically jumped off the bed and ran in a couple circles and then peed everywhere! It was so sad that I made her stay there with me. She was just trying to be a good dog and not pee in the house. It made me laugh though :)

I miss you Missi. I will see you in heaven.






1 sweet words:

barbafamily said...

Awe...I'm so sorry! She sounds like she was an awesome dog! Love ya girl!