Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Catching Up Finally - Some Kaydence Updates

Wow the third post in one day!??! Craziness. I am finally able to catch up on my blogging. I feel like I've been so busy lately with wedding stuff, working, and photoshoots that I have no time for anything, and any time I do have I want to just sit and relax with my sweet little Kaydence and the hubby.

Ok so updates on Kaydence:

She finally learned to go to sleep on her own. It is so nice. We lay her in her bed and every once in a while she will fuss for like 5 minutes, but most of the time she will go right to sleep. She HAS to have her binky though. She loves that thing.

Also, she got her first 2 teeth about a week or two ago. They sure popped through the gums fast! I was dreading it, thinking it was going to take a good few weeks, but she only had about 2 or 3 days of fussiness. She's got a lot more to grow though lol.

She is so fun to interact with. She is very vocal. She lets you know how shes feeling, whether it's happy, sad, excited, or tired. But she loves smiling. She has the cutest smile and longest eyelashes.  Tanner is going to have to get the pruning shears out before we know it (inside joke).

Last week we fed her rice cereal from a spoon for the first time. She didn't really like it. We've still been trying to give it to her, and she's slowly getting to a taste for it, but what can I say, she just really likes my milk :)

I took Kaydence swimming for the first time. More like sun bathing though since the water was so cold. I just put her legs in. She liked watching the dogs play in the water though.
I am still breastfeeding Kaydence. My goal is until she's 1 year old, but my milk has been lessening. I"m so sad. I absolutely LOVE breastfeeding. I don't want to lose that closeness that we share. It's so sweet. I talked to a lactation consultant and so I am trying to pump one or two extra times during the day to keep it going. I just started doing that a few days ago, and I think it's starting to work. Today I was able to pump the right amount. Kaydence is still waking during the night to eat and I need to night wean her, but I feel bad taking away the feedings just because I feel like that's our bonding time together since I work during the day, so I think I am going to keep feeding her during the night for now. We put her in her crib in her own room at night but then a few hours later when she's ready to eat, Tanner goes and brings her to me in bed and I feed her and we fall asleep feeding, so she sleeps with us the rest of the night. Then when I wake up for work, I go lay her in her crib in her own room. She's the sweetest thing ever. I honestly can't imagine life without her. She brings me and Tanner so much love.

4 sweet words:

Unknown said...

She is just a doll! Glad to hear she is sleeping better for you guys! Hope your milk stays! I'm sure it will!

Tiffany Haynes said...

I can't believe how big she's getting!

For your milk production I took Marshmallow Root & Thistle capsules and they helped a ton. You can just get them at Sprouts.

You family pics are so cute!!! I just took some pictures down at that Orange Patch a few weeks ago! I adore that orange couch!!!! Amazing find!

Chandra said...

thanks andrea!

Tiff - I know she is growing up way too fast! Cool, I will try that. I really don't want to lose my milk. I know I love the Orange Patch and that couch was perfect for the theme haha. It's Deb's couch.

kiley said...

It's so nice when they go to sleep on their own, isn't it? It makes a world of a difference!