I had my last chemotherapy treatment the last week in November. That day was such a memorable and exciting day, but the weeks after were awful. I started feeling better a couple weeks after and I was scheduled for breast reconstruction surgery December 17th, but I got the flu a couple days before so it's being put aside until February next year. It's probably better this way because my body will be able to handle it better by then.
I am so glad this huge trial is behind me. As I think about it, I wouldn't change it though. I have learned and grown so much since I went through this trial, that I wouldn't have if I hadn't had gone through it. I've grown so much closer to my family because of it and had to depend on the Lord more. It also has helped me put everything into the right perspective and made me become a better person because of it. Trials can be blessings in disguise and in my case, that's how I choose to see it. Sure they can take my breasts, my hair, my energy, my comfort, but they cannot take my faith and hope. Without that, life is not worth living. Thanks to many friends, family and even people I barely know, I was able to keep that hope and I intend to keep hope throughout my life. A huge thanks to all that have helped me through this trial. I am so blessed to be a recipient of so many acts of kindness.
I am so glad this huge trial is behind me. As I think about it, I wouldn't change it though. I have learned and grown so much since I went through this trial, that I wouldn't have if I hadn't had gone through it. I've grown so much closer to my family because of it and had to depend on the Lord more. It also has helped me put everything into the right perspective and made me become a better person because of it. Trials can be blessings in disguise and in my case, that's how I choose to see it. Sure they can take my breasts, my hair, my energy, my comfort, but they cannot take my faith and hope. Without that, life is not worth living. Thanks to many friends, family and even people I barely know, I was able to keep that hope and I intend to keep hope throughout my life. A huge thanks to all that have helped me through this trial. I am so blessed to be a recipient of so many acts of kindness.
Thanks to my sister, I have some good photos to remember this very exciting day.













0 sweet words:
Post a Comment