Tuesday, January 1, 2013

I'm A Breast Cancer Survivor

My sweet sister Alissa wanted to do a breast cancer survivor shoot with me they day of my final chemo treatment before the medicine really kicked in. At first I was kind of nervous because I belong behind the camera, not in front of it, but I am so happy that I did this. These photos are so special to me. Her husband, Mckay also made a movie for me and we watched it on Christmas Eve with the family. It was such a memorable Christmas Eve. I couldn't hold back all the tears. I am so happy to have these pictures to represent my trials and triumphs. Thanks Alissa and Mckay for the wonderful Christmas gift. I am so incredibly proud to say, I am a breast cancer survivor! And I am so ready for this new year!!! Happy New Year!















3 sweet words:

Dylan and Stacy said...

The pictures are great, Chandra. I've been following your blog and I'm so impressed by your faith, courage, and strength. I hope this new year is the best yet for you!

Liz and Jared said...

I know you don't know me, but my name is Liz Reber and I am Deborah Boehme's good friend (and neighbor) in Arkansas. She has talked about you on numerous occasions and told me about your blog and I've been following you as you went through your journey. I can't tell you how much you have inspired me. Your testimony and faith are so incredible and make me want to be a better mom, wife and person in general. These pictures were beautiful and made me cry. The love you all share is so obvious! I'm so impressed by you and I think your spirit is just so beautiful! Thank you for sharing your story and helping my testimony grow. I hope 2013 is amazing for you and your sweet family!

Chandra said...

Stacey - Thanks so much. Happy new year to you and your family. I can't wait to meet your little son.

Liz - Yeah, Deb told me about you as well! Thanks so much for your kind words. I'm so glad I am able to inspire people with my story. Happy New Year! Take good care of Deb and her family. I'm glad she has you there with her :)