Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Christmas Eve 2012

Christmas Eve this year was very special and fun for me. Normally my Grandma Rowley plans a mexican dinner, something special, and then games. This past year she has gone through a lot and she is getting tired of planning it, so she gave me money and asked me to plan the entire evening. I ran with this opportunity. I LOVE party planning and it makes it that much more enjoyable when I am given the money to spend. Thanks Grandma for the fun opportunity! I look forward to planning in the future!

I started off the night with surprising everyone with what dinner we had catered, Moreno's (Gecko Grill)! Everyone was so excited and the food was as expected, delicious. As we were cleaning up, Alissa and Mckay told me to come in the family room to watch a video. They turn it on and I see a menu screen with this photo as the background...
My heart melted and I immediately started crying on the spot. At this point, I hadn't seen the photos from this shoot that my sister did for me yet, so it was such a sweet surprise. This is one of my favorite photos from the shoot. To me, it expresses the amount of love Tanner and I have for each other as Kaydence intently looking up to us as we are all three flooded with warmth from our Heavenly Father. The video was amazing and Mckay had put it all together on his own. By the end my mascara was all over my eyes. After the video, Alissa read a letter she wrote for me and it was one of the sweetest letters I've ever received. It was a very emotional evening to start off with.

After our emotional moments, we started the fun stuff. We started with Christmas Edition Family Feud. It was so much fun.  




Then after we had white elephant gift exchange, except they were all good gifts (not gag gifts) that Grandma had me buy. It was fun because they were all mixed up so some boys got girls gifts and some girls got boy gifts. Of course at the end we were able to trade with whoever they wanted but it was just funny to watch.






 After the games, we watched Elf Yourself, Grandma and Grandpa edition. It was hilarious. 


We finished off the night with the traditional Scrooge movie and hot cocoa.

 


Thanks so much Grandma for letting me plan the party and for funding it. It was a very special and memorable night that I will never forget.

0 sweet words: