Sunday, February 17, 2013

Final Surgery and Our Valentines Day

I am so happy to announce that I went in for my final surgery last week! I have felt like a zombie that got hit by a car for the past week but I am so glad it's all over. Each day I am feeling better and it has been way better recovery than my first surgery since that was a much bigger surgery. 
My doctor said this recovery is usually about 2 weeks, as opposed to my first which was 6 weeks. So many exciting things going on right now. I finally am starting to feel like a woman again! Yay! 

Since I got my surgery the day before Valentine's Day, Tanner decided to let us celebrate the day before my surgery. He took me out to the movies and dinner. We saw an really good movie called The Impossible. It is based off a true story from a family that was vacationing in Thailand in 2004 when that awful tsunami hit. I pretty much cried the entire movie, but it was really good. 
On Valentine's day I woke up to Reese's hearts, a handmade card, and The Vow on my bed. Tanner knows just what to get me. Over the years, I've trained Tanner to know that I would much rather have something he spent lots of time on that cost practically nothing, than a really expensive gift that doesn't have much thought put into. The simplest cheapest things mean a lot more to me than something expensive that we can't afford. So that night we watched The Vow and Tanner made us some delicious french toast with homemade buttermilk syrup for dinner. Even though I felt like a train hit me, I was able to enjoy my Valentine's Day with my two lovies. Happy Valentines Day!



0 sweet words: