Monday, February 11, 2013

7 Years and Counting!

Tanner and I celebrated our 7th anniversary last weekend. It was supposed to be a surprise, but that week I received a confirmation email from Prescott Resort confirming our king suite! Oops! We've stayed there before, so they had my email on file I guess. So the surprise was blown, but it was so much fun. We haven't had a vacation with just the two of us since Kaydence was born, so it was a nice getaway with no responsibilities and act a little younger than we are (we're getting old!)I do have to say, I thought about Kaydence the whole time!! haha. I think it's just a natural mommy thing, but I was able to enjoy myself.

The resort is up on a hill, so it has a gorgeous view of the city lights! We got to spend two nights in this beautiful city.
  


We did lots of shopping and roaming the downtown Scottsdale area. 

Where's Waldo?


















The first night there, we ate at a hole in the wall Mexican restaurant called Casa Alvarez. It was delicious! I was pleasantly surprised. It was super cheap too. Well worth it!  
  
The last night we went out to a yummy Italian restaurant to celebrate our anniversary. It had a fun ambiance and I loved the pasta plate that I got.  

 After dinner, we got some delicious gelato! It was so expensive and the cup was TINY. I thought it was a joke when he showed me the size, but he was serious. They even served it with mini spoons to trick you thinking you get a lot of bites out of it, but we got it anyways. We got salted caramel and pistacio. It was SOOOOO good! Afterwards, we headed back to the hotel and watched a couple chick flicks. It ended up being a very good night. It was so nice to go to sleep and wake up in the same bed as Tanner. I've been sleeping in Kaydence's bed since my surgery last year and we are going to make the change after I recover from my final surgery, which is actually this week! I'm excited to get my bed back again.
  It was really bittersweet coming home, but it was so exciting to see Kaydence. I missed her so much! After I got home, I realized that I left my purse in the cupboard at the hotel! It was so frustrating, but they shipped it to me right away, so it worked out. 

I love this guy so much and I am so lucky to have him forever. I'm excited to share the rest of my life and eternity with him. Thanks love for the nice getaway!

0 sweet words: