For those of you that have been following my breast cancer story, I have some very exciting news! I had my final surgery/procedure last week and I feel great! This procedure gave me closure and really helped me feel like it's finally all behind me and I am so happy with my surgery results. I am so grateful for this experience and I recognize all the miracles and blessings I've been able to witness, but I am sooooooooooooooooo glad to have it over. I hope I never have to go through it ever again, and I don't want it to happen to anyone else.
With that said, I strongly recommend if you don't do your self breast check/exam regularly, PLEASE DO IT! This is what saved my life. I wouldn't have ever gone to get a mammogram because I am so young, so the only way I found out was doing a breast exam (which was my very first time ever and I believe I was inspired to do it). There were absolutely no other signs. It's easy and doesn't take much time. The best time I've found is to do it while you're showering. It's important to note that most young females have pretty lumpy breasts, so they will feel lumpy, but when you feel an inconsistent lump, that's when it's something that needs to be checked out. Think of it as putting your hands in a bowl of gumballs to look for an M&M. As soon as you feel that M&M you know it doesn't belong because it's inconsistent. My lump I found was so small and seemed insignificant, but it felt inconsistent, which made me question it. Unfortunately I waited an entire month to see if it went away through my cycle, but it didn't so I finally got it checked out. I regret waiting, so if you find something, DON'T WAIT. Just get it checked out. It may just save your life. It saved mine.
0 sweet words:
Post a Comment