Sunday, August 16, 2015

Week In Montana // Part Three // Flathead Lake Adventures

Day 3-5 of our Montana Trip was spent mostly on the lake. My sister in law's parents place is right on Flathead Lake and it's absolutely beautiful. It warmed up a little as the week went on, so we were able to get in the water. By the end of the week it was about 95, so it was perfect in the water. Not too hot, not too cold. Between the jet skiing, flyboarding (a lot harder than it looks), wake surfing, and paddle boarding, we had plenty to do on the lake. It was so much fun. Here's a video compilation made by my sister in law. 
Uncle Dustin really wanted Kaydence to go up with him on the flyboard. He is so comfortable on the board, I wasn't worried at all. Kaydence on the other hand was really scared. She would want to do it, but then would change her mind. Dustin bribed her for about a half hour and ended up having her decide to do it. They settled on an Elsa Barbie. Also a stipulation if Kaydence's head got wet, that he would get her a new kitten. Happy to say she did great and she didn't get her head wet. She loved it so much that she kept wanting to ride on it the rest of the week. 
Tanner tried the flyboard out too. He was a pro. He picked it up pretty good and got some height. 
I was a different story. I felt so unstable on it. All I did was scream the entire time. The video clip of me cracks me up. There was a point that I got up in the air, and I felt like I was high, but apparently no photos to prove it and I'm pretty sure it was only a few feet. 
Wake surfing was actually really fun. I was able to get up pretty quickly, just couldn't stay up longer than a minute or so. The next day my legs were so sore. Dustin and Alex were pro's on it. Tanner tried it but couldn't get up. Dustin talked him into riding on it with him on their bellys. Bad idea. While they were cruising along, Tanner felt a pop in his rib and it's been hurting ever since.
We also did some paddle boarding around the lake. I actually really enjoyed it. It's a nice relaxing exercise. I felt much more stable on this kind of board! 

0 sweet words: