Tanner and I just celebrated our 10th anniversary together. I cannot believe we've been married that long! Time flies, but at the same time, being with Tanner is all I know and can remember. We've been together about 14 years! I love him with all my heart and couldn't imagine my life if he hadn't ever asked me out on my very first date when I was 16, shared my first kiss and only kiss with him, and asked me to marry him. Looking back on our growing relationship, I've seen how much our relationship has blossomed and matured into something so beautiful. It has taken a lot of hard work and tender care to create something so sweet. Yet with the beauty there still comes thorns along the way, but we find a way to recognize the beauty with the thorns. Our marriage wouldn't be the way it is without my sweet husband that carries me through rough times. He is my rock and my source of stability. I may have a meltdown or just feeling crappy and he is always there to lift me up and strengthen me. We have our ups and downs, are we are there for each other through both. I'm so blessed to be able to share this life experience along with eternity with this fun, amazing, handsome, easy going, funny, romantic, sweet, thoughtful, temple worthy guy. He brings out the best in me and we strive everyday to make our marriage better. It's hard work this marriage thing, but so worth it.
Now all the mushy stuff is done, on to the fun stuff! Tanner surprised me with a cruise to Catalina Island and Ensenada. We started our trip catching a flight from Phoenix to LAX. We made it to our awesome hotel called Hotel Maya that afternoon. It was an awesome hotel right off the ocean. We had our own porch and ocean view with a sandy fake beach and fire pits at night. We had time to explore and ride bikes around that day It was a fun afternoon and a romantic evening.
The next morning our ship was porting, so we headed there after we woke up to board the ship! Our boat was called Carnival Inspiration. We spent the day exploring the boat and getting familiar with the food locations! haha. We definitely got our money's worth through food.
The 2nd day on the ship we arrived at Catalina that morning. We started the day by sleeping in. It felt so good! Then spent the day shopping, laying out on the beach and catching some rays. It was a perfect day. I really like Catalina Island. It has so many cute shops and it's such a cute island.
Day three we spent in Ensenada Baja Mexico. We took a bus to a place called La Bufadora. It's the largest blow hole in North America and can blow above 100 feet above sea level. It was pretty cool. I had seen it before, but Tanner hadn't. Ensenada was so much prettier than I remembered. I hadn't been for probably over 5 or 6 years. There was so much beauty to be photographed and of course we had to eat some good street tacos.
Best churros I've ever had by far! These things were fresh out of the fryer and were so moist and sugary. They were amazing!
We celebrated out anniversary dinner on the boat. It was delish!
Day four was spent on the ocean all day. It was nice to get some good ol natural vitamin D and to just relax and enjoy the atmosphere. There were some fun shows and games on the boat that kept us entertained every night and it was nice to have one on one time with Tanner. All in all, it was a great trip and of course we ate way too much, but hey, I was prepared to gain 10 pounds! But I worked out every day and only gained 5! Better than expected! I have to admit though, I REALLY missed my sweet Kaydence. She is so sweet and I felt guilty that we didn't bring her, but we promised her next time she will come with. A HUGE thanks to my Mom and brother/sister in law for taking care of Kaydence. It's so comforting knowing she's staying with someone that loves her as much as I do. Doesn't change the fact that I wanted to call her every day.
Thanks to my hubby for the great trip and thanks to all that wished us a happy anniversary. Ten years down and were just getting the hang of it.






















































































0 sweet words:
Post a Comment