Girls and women these days are bombarded with images and messages of how they are to act and how they are to look to label them as beautiful. We are told constantly that smaller waists, bigger breasts, smoother skin, thicker hair, longer eyelashes, tanner skin, bigger lips, and whiter teeth, among others, will make you more sexy and beautiful. While a few may have some truth to them, these messages are damaging, demeaning and poison to girls and women alike. I strongly want to fight against this message for the sake of my daughter, myself and women around me. Being a beautiful woman is so much more than fake eyelashes, breast implants, and spray tans. It is creating the beauty starting from within, which will radiate to your outer appearance, in essence creating true beauty. It's about learning to be healthy and wanting to take care of our bodies, as they are sacred as temples. It's using your body to serve and to love other human beings. Learning to love what beauty God has blessed you with, and not constantly being obsessed with what else you can change to improve your appearance, will help bring true happiness and will set the course to a happy and healthy life, not only for yourself, but those that look up to you.
As a mother, I have such a strong desire to help my daughter and future children to learn this important lesson starting at a young age, so they don't have to struggle how I did and so that they can help change the world. My daughter has been a huge motivator for me to truly love myself, so that I can be an example for her. I want her learn to find true beauty in everything. I want her to see beauty within herself rather than outward appearance. Along with being a mother, comes stretch marks, muffin tops, saddle bags, wrinkles, gray hair, and gravity becomes a reality, but I wouldn't change it for the most perfect body in the world. These parts of my body are my battle marks for bearing and raising a child, and on top of it I have scars all over my chest from all my surgeries, but I still feel beautiful and have been able to feel more comfortable in my own skin. This is me. My body is not perfect in the worlds eyes, but as far as I'm concerned, I love my body and want to take care of it. Please join me in finding the beauty in your body and within. You are beautiful in your own way and don't let the world tell you otherwise.

0 sweet words:
Post a Comment