Monday, February 16, 2009

Will You Be My Valentine???

We had such a good Valentines Day this year. First off we went to our favorite restaurant of all time, Carrabba's. But before we left, we got some pics in our lovely backyard. It's like the best looking part of our backyard lol.

So when we got to Carrabba's there was a hour and 45 minute wait! So we went shopping to kill some time. We found Tanner 3 pairs of pants! He never finds pants he likes, so it was quite exciting. The best part is, is we got the 3 pairs of pants for $45 total! What makes is to amazing is that one pair was $3. If you know me at all, you would know that I get so excited when I find a good deal like that! Most of the time, if it's a really good deal, and I don't even need it, I still buy it because I'm a sucker like that, but Tanner really needed pants so I was excited. So after about an hour of shopping, we went back to check how much time we had left, and they told us we can be seated, so really we only waited about an hour which isn't bad at all. It was very satisfying. We hadn't been there in a long time. So when we got home, Tanner told me that we can go on an adventure if we want. I was up for it, so he tells me we need to pack lots of blankets and wear warm clothing. While I was getting the blankets, he was trying to load up our bikes without me seeing, but I came out and he wasn't finished yet. So we drive to a neighborhood near our house and park, and he says we are riding our bikes from here.

So we were off for our journey. We drove over to the desert where Tanner goes shooting and Tanner laid a blanket down and he told me to sit and close my eyes and plug my ears. I had to pee in the mean time haha, so I did my business and then he said I could open my eyes, and this is what I found.
Our blanket was surrounded by little tea light candles! It was so cute! He also brought some sparkling cider, and the last time we had it was when he proposed to me on a mountain and he forgot cups, so we chugged it. This time he brought cups, but we couldn't get it open. So we saved it for later. So after a while we packed up and went back home. Much to my suprise there was more. Tanner had hand dipped delicious strawberries in chocolate and we ate them in bed. I didn't know what I wanted to do for him, but I wanted to do something special or cute because he does so much for me, so I put together a really cute Valentines basket for him. I just love Tanner so much. He is the best husband I could ever ask for. Happy Valentines Day!

2 sweet words:

Rachel said...

what?! that is so cute. matt needs some serious lessons! im jealous. tell tanner to tell matt to step it up! :)

Unknown said...

That is so sweet! I never knew how romantic Tanner was?? It seems like he is always doing something so nice for you! You are lucky!