Monday, March 28, 2011

Wildlife World Zoo Adventures

Last weekend we visited the Wildlife World Zoo with my inlaws. I definately recommend it. It's pretty far west, but worth the drive. It was a lot of fun and perfect weather.










 This goose was the protector of the food. He was mean.
 This little newborn monkey was so sweet. He held on to his mommy for dear life. So precious.




   The whole clan




  This was the craziest ostrich I've ever seen. He was a biting the air the whole time we saw him.

 Weird...
 If I remember correctly, this little zebra on the right was only a week old. 

 Rhino, the third largest mammal on earth.
 Camel, looks like the dumbest looking animal on earth.
 Kaydence and Daddy got to feed the giraffe's. She loved it.
 

 I love this cat

 BCF's (best cousins forever)
















I think this is one of the cutest monkeys I've ever seen in my life. He was full of energy and spunk.  He's a good theif too.

 We got to meet a 5 day old goat. She was precious. We weren't supposed to pick her up, but we didn't know until my sister in law got in trouble right after we were finished holding her. 










3 sweet words:

SuZan said...

Incredible pictures. I feel like I was actually there. By the way, where is there? I have never heard of the "Wildlife World Zoo".

So is it the camera or the photographer that gets all the great photos? I hope it is the camera because I now have one (Nikon D3100). However, if it is the photographer, I will have a problem because I have no idea what do to with the camera. It took me 2 days to have the courage to take the first picture after I received the camera. Without Stephanie's (Mycal's wife) encouragement I might still be staring at the camera.

Chandra said...

It's in Litchfield Park. It's about an hour from our house.

Yay for the newa camera! Practice makes perfect. There is so much to learn about digital photography and I am still learning. I encourage you to always use manual settings and just play around with them until you can get more comfortable with it. Learning the relationship with aperture, shutter speed, and iso is the biggest thing to get familiar with. Then as soon as you understand that, you'll feel alot more comfortable with shooting in manual mode.

Another thing, just for future reference, I recommend that you spend the money on the lens instead of a brand new body. If you have a great body but a crappy lens, you'll most likely get crappy photos. Lenses make such a difference!

Tiffany Haynes said...

I was looking at these with Nolan on my lap and he loved looking at all the animals. Great pics as usual!