Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter Sunday - Part 3

After Part 1 and Part 2 of our Easter Sunday, we headed over to my parents house for a yummy potluck with my mom's sisters and their kids. The food was delicious as usual and the weather was surprisingly beautiful. 

I love my parents so much! Don't they look great? Especially for being grandparents! I'm always getting onto my mom for being way too hard on herself. She looks great, doesn't she??? She's always been beautiful. It took me until I was an adult to recognize how incredibly in shape my mom has been her whole life. Looking back at photos of her when she had a few of us kids, she was hot! My dad is so lucky to have such a sweet beautiful wife, as is my mom to have such an honorable and faithful husband. These two have taught me everything that is important in life.







 It was just one of those nights.... It all started with my cousin Ashton (third from right). She chipped her tooth earlier that day on an Easter candy, so we all decided to make hideous faces with her. I'm not quite sure what Alissa's hand is doing, but it fits in well! haha.


I love my sisters so much! They are so beautiful inside and out! That is very hard to find these days. My two youngest sisters are really going to make the best wives to 2 special boys someday. 

These two are keepers! Particularly the one on the right, but I am biased. He is such a sweet husband and I will be forever grateful that I married him. No matter what type of trial lays ahead, he is the one and only person that I would want to go through it with. 

As for this little sweetie pie, I LOOOOOVVVEEEEE this girl. She is my favorite girl in the world. This age is my favorite so far, despite all the tantrums, the good definitely outweighs the bad. Just to name a few things I love about her, she is saying funny things, her own personality is being developed, she tells she loves me, she loves me rocking her to sleep, she gets so excited when she can do something all by herself, she is so sweet when she apologizes to me, she loves making silly faces, she LOVES to see me sleeping in my bed on the day's I don't work so that she can cuddle with me, and she is all together a really happy girl. I love her to pieces and I will do anything and everything in my life to prepare her the best life possible. 
I am so grateful for family. Sometimes I take them for granted and I feel I get too into the wordly things that really don’t matter in this life. Every time I recognize it, I always fall back to my family and remind myself that that’s really what’s important in this life. There’s a quote from one of my favorite songs that I love: 


“Amazing how life turns out, the way that it does. We end up hurting the worst, the only ones we really love.” - Anberlin


It’s so true and it’s so sad. I really have been trying hard to gain better relationships with everyone in my mine and Tanner’s family. They are truly the ones that are the most important in my life and that will always be there for me as long as I keep the relationships strong. 


I am especially grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ, to have been so selfless and loving not only to suffer for the entire world, but to suffer for all of my sins as well. This Easter season is always a good reminder of things I can work on in my own personal life to gain a better relationship with my Savior, especially being right after conference. One of my most favorite talks was by Dieter F. Uchdorf. One quote inparticular while he was talking about a bumper sticker that he read: 


"Don't judge me because I sin differently than you" - Dieter F. Uchdorf


That really sums it up. We all make mistakes, so we have no right to judge another. I simply love that. 


Thanks to all that love and support me in my everyday life. Family is the most important and I love them with all my heart. 

0 sweet words: