Thursday, April 30, 2015

Quotes by Kaydence // 4 to 5 Years Old

Kaydence seriously cracks me up. I try to remember to write down as many things as I can right away so I don't forget them. 

4 Years Old

(Chandra doing planks)

Kaydence: Mommy, what are you doing?
Me: I'm exercising. 
Kaydence: Well Mom, I don't see those legs moving.


(Kaydence getting tickled)
Kaydence: (laughing) Mommy, don't tickle me cause I came out of your tummy.


Kaydence: The moon and sun are best friends, but they can't see each other cause they don't have eyes.


Kaydence said something mean to me. I asked her to apologize. She said, "Sorry Mom, my voice is gone now".


Kaydence: Mom guess what? I didn't eat my boogers today!


Kaydence has been helping me walk around the house all day because I had surgery. After the end of the day she says "Mommy, you're walking like an old man!" I laughed hysterically. She said "Why are you laughing? Mom you look like this" and proceeds to show me how ridiculously I am walking. 



At Target, Kaydence says "Mom I want to buy this princess skateboard." I told her not this time and maybe she could get it for her birthday. She said "Mom, do you want to make me sad or happy?" I said happy. She said, "well that's making me sad."


Kaydence: Mom, why didn't you take me to the place that has slides?
Me: I don't have any time sweetie. We are running late.
Kaydence: Well I have time.
Me: Well sorry, but I don't.
Kaydence: Mom, I will give you all of my time.


Kaydence: Why were you waiting for me?
Me: I didn't want anyone to take you from me.
Kaydence: Why would someone take me?
Me: Because there are some mean people in the world that don't listen to Heavenly Father.
Kaydence: Why are they mean? Are they listening to Satan?
Me: Yes.
Kaydence: WHen they die do they live in heaven?
Me: No, if they are following Satan, they will live with Satan.
Kaydence: Awwwww, that's so sad. I want to teach them to be nice. 
Me: I know, we can teach peolpe to be nice by being a missionary.
Kaydence: I can teach people to be nice when I grow up?
Me: Yes and you can do it now too.
Kaydence: That makes me so happy!


Kaydence: Mom, did I watch Strawberry Shortcake when I was a kid?
Me: You are a kid silly.
Kaydence: No when I was a little kid.
Me: You are a little kid.
Kaydence: No I'm not, I'm a big girl kid.


Kaydence: Do you wish you could sleep with me at night?
Me: Yeah, but I have to sleep in my own bed.
Kaydence: Why?
Me: I have to stay in my own bed with Daddy.

Kaydence: Well you can sleep on my bed.
Me: There's not enough room.
Kaydence: Ya huh, remember when  you read books to me and I scoot over for you?
Me: Haha, yeah you're right.
Kaydence: Oh I have an idea! I can have five beds. One for me, you, Daddy, Livy, and Cohen.


Kaydence: What store are we going to?
Me: We're going to sprouts"
Kaydence: That's weird. Like those things you wear on your head?
Me: What things?
Kaydence: Those things that people wear on their heads.
Me: Who wears them?
Kaydence: The boy in the book called "I Wish I had Duck Feet". 
Me: Oh you mean spout, not sprout.
Kaydence: Yeah, that's what I said, spout.


Kaydence saw my logo on my studio door and asked me what it said. I said, "It says Chandra Delite Photography." She said "we should make a sign that says Kaydence Delite takes good pictures and hang it up on the wall".


Me: Kaydence, there's no dance today.
Kaydence: Why not?
Me: Because everyones on vacation.
Kaydence: Well then why are we not on vacation?


5 Years Old

Kaydence starting her prayer:
Kaydence: Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for this day, please bless we can be nice to eachother.  (whispering really loud) What else Mom?
Me: You're a big girl. You can think of what you want to ask or tell Heavenly Father.
Kaydence: Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for this day, please bless we can be nice to eachother. (whispering really loud) what else Mom?
Me: Think really hard on what you want to tell Heavenly Father.
Kaydence: Please bless the butterflies can land all over my body and that they will know I'm not mean.


(Sitting in my office)
Kaydence: Mommy, I have to show you something!
Me: What is it?
Kaydence: It's something white in the toilet that I pooped out and I don't know what it is.
Me: Okay let's go take a look.
(We looked in the toilet)
Me: It looks like a piece of gum. Daddy must have spit his gum out before you went potty.


(I was telling Kaydence a story about a Mermaid that got married.)
Kaydence: I don't ever want to get married. 
Me: Why not?
Kaydence: Because I don't want the doctor to stick that pokey thing in my tummy. 
Me: Why would a doctor do that?
Kaydence: Because when you have a baby you have to do that.
Me: No he won't do that.
Kaydence: Well then he's going to cut my tummy open with a big knife.
Me: No he's not going to do that.
Kaydence: Well then how's he going to get the baby out?
(I hesitated for a bit)
Me: The baby doesn't come out of the tummy, it comes out of your private area.
(Kaydence laughing)
Kaydence: Mommy, you're so funny!


Kaydence wanted to tell me a pirate tale:
Once upon a time there was a little worm named Pooper. His Mom and Dad named him Pooper because he pooped a lot all the time. He asked Mommy and Daddy why he pooped all of the time and they said they didn't know. Then one day Pooper saw a beautiful worn named Diamond. He wanted to marry her but he pooped all the time. So Pooper got on his knees and prayed to Heavenly Father that he would not poop a lot anymore. And then it happened. He didn't poop anymore and Pooper changed his name to Wormy and he got married to Diamond.


Kaydence: Mom, where's that black salt? (Pepper)


(Kaydence had her head out of the car window)
Kaydence: Mom, my hair is blowing with joy!


Kaydence: Mom, I have so much faith. Do you know how much faith I have?
Me: How much?
Kaydence: As much as a whale shark. Mom, whale sharks are really big.


Kaydence: Mommy, why does my Melody Grandma look so young?


Kaydence: I never want to follow Satan. I always want to follow Heavenly Father


Kaydence: Mom, that would be cool if my underwear and my pants just opened when I had to go potty so that I could just go potty outside in the yard when I'm playing.


Kaydence: Mom we need to buy Oxy Clean. It's so tough on stains!
(weeks later of asking for it. Then we were in Walmart)
Kaydence: Mom, there's Oxy Clean! We need to get it.
Me: No we don't need it right now. We're trying to save money remember?
(she snuck it in cart without me noticing. We got to register and I snuck it out without her noticing. We got home and she's frantically searching the bags)
Kaydence: Where's my Oxy Clean?
(I ended up telling people at work this story and my supervisor came to work with a bow topped Oxy Clean for Kaydence).


Kaydence: Mom, I'm sure glad I'm not a spider. If I was a spider then everyone would hate me and want to smash me.


(Kaydence blowing a whistle really loud)
Me: Why are you blowing that so loud?
Kaydence: Well I don't want Satan's spirit to come in my body.
Me: He won't come in your body unless you're letting him by doing bad things.
Kaydence: Why does he want a body?
Me: Because he doesn't have one of his own.
Kaydence: Well maybe he just needs to say sorry to Heavenly Father so he can get one from him.







0 sweet words: