Monday, December 26, 2016

Christmas Day

Christmas morning we spent at my Mom's opening gifts, then we went to our house and opened our gifts, then headed to Church, since Christmas landed on a Sunday this year. It was very fitting to be at church on Christmas. The beautiful music and words were perfect to set the tone of celebrating our Savior's birth. I am especially grateful this year. I once again battled for my life this year, but through faith and prayer, I'm winning. I am so grateful for everything I've been given in this life. Looking at my life, I've recognized how incredibly blessed I am. So many of my family members have struggled this year with divorce, infidelity, health issues, and yet what we've been through, it's drawn us so much closer together and I'm so grateful for what these trials have done for us. I wouldn't wish them on anyone, but each of us have our trials and I can honestly say, I am grateful for mine. I truly believe God prepared me for these trials and that each trial I've faced, has been a step towards my next trial and that if I learn things from them, then they will help with the next trial I will face. I am especially grateful for these two people that carry my burdens with me, so that the weight isn't as hard to carry. God has placed them in my life for me and I love them dearly. 

0 sweet words: