Our sweet Kaydence is finally here! She was born on 11/10/09 at 7:00pm at Banner Gateway Hospital. She was a healthy 8 lbs 4 oz and 20 1/3 inches long. It sure was a journey getting here her here, but it was worth it.
So here's the long story: Sunday night (11/8), I started having back pains and they lasted all night and continued on Monday. I was scheduled to get induced on Monday at 9:00am, but the hospital called us and said that they don't have any rooms available yet and that we are on waiting list. We waited and waited and we were next in line so we decided to head out there just for the heck of it. We show up and find out we are 2nd on the list, so we have to go home. Ugh! Then Monday night I started contractions and we went in to the hospital on Monday morning. I was still having the back labor and when I got to the hospital and they gave me potossin (sp?) to speed up my labor, and that made my back labor a million times worse! I really wanted to try to go without the epidural, but the back labor was so intense, I couldn't handle it. The contractions were nothing compared to the back labor and it really sucked because there was no space between the pain like the contractions. As soon as I got the epidural, it was smooth sailing from there. I felt great and couldn't feel a thing. I got to 9.5 around 4:00pm and so I started pushing. I was so numb I couldn't even tell if I was pushing or not. I wasn't getting anywhere from there, so I requested to reduce the dosage of the epidural, so that I could actually push. I ended up pushing for 3 LONG hours! They were the most intense 3 hours of my entire life! The top of her head could be seen for 2 and a half hours but wasn't progressing from there. Finally her head came out and the umbilical cord was around her neck, so that's what was holding her back. Oh my goodness, it was such a relief when I heard them say her head is out. I felt like it was never going to end. As soon as she cut the cord, she popped right out. It was the best feeling I've ever felt. Such a releif. The pushing was so intense I couldn't stop shaking for about an hour after pushing, but it was all worth it. It was truly the most amazing experience I've ever experienced. It sure has been a challenge so far because we think she has colic and it breaks my heart when I can't soothe her, but it's all part of the experience. Luckily we are all moved in with my parents in their guest house, and it has been such a blessing to have my mom right next door. She is so sweet. She offers every night to watch her during the night for a few hours while I get some rest. The moments she is fussy, makes me truly appreciate the moments that she is calm. She is such a sweetheart. I feel so blessed to be able to raise a sweet child of God. We absolutely are in love with this little girl.






7 sweet words:
She is so pretty! I cant wait to see her!
She is adorable! I can't believe you pushed for THREE hours!!! Good job. It's all worth it in the end =)
Chandra, First I want to say congradulations!!! Your baby is so beautiful and I am so happy for you. I also wanted to tell you that Tiedyn has always had really bad stomach problems and I don't know if this will help but I got this stuff at the Health Food Store called gripe water (it was a life saver and it is completely natural). Also, I don't know if you massage Kaydence but it is really good for her and if you massage here belly (it has to be in a clock wise motion) it might help. I heard that Lorreta and Katherine are massage therapist and you should talk to them and maybe they could show you some stuff. Anyway, I hope I am not one of those annoying people who you wish would stop giving you advice but I didn't have any help whatsoever with Tiedyn and I would have loved for some advice. Also it sounds like your mom is an angel your lucky you can count on her, it's very hard when no one is there. Anyway love you and hope to see you and your gorgeous baby eventually!
Labor is beyond difficult. I swear I only want one child now :) Good job for getting through it. Also the lack of sleep is really hard to deal with after the baby comes and I can't imagine dealing with colic on top of it. I hope you find some solutions to help your sweet Kaydence. She is so beautiful Chandra. I'm so happy for you guys. We'll need to chat more about mommyhood soon! xoxo
Oh my goodness!! She is perfect! Congrats!!! What a lil doll!!
She's such a pretty little girl! I can't wait to see her! We would have come already but Jason was sick. :(
That sucks that they gave you pitocin even though you were already in labor on your own since it makes it more painful... but I'm glad it all worked out and she got here safely!
She's gorgeous!!! Have I told you yet that I'm dying to see her!?!?
Post a Comment