Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Chemotherapy Treatment

Today we met with my oncologist and we set a date for chemotherapy. I will be starting treatment on September 24th, which is perfect because my sister is getting married the 20th, so I will feel good and have hair for her wedding! Chemo is planned to go for 3 months, so if all goes well, I should be all finished just in time for Christmas. I feel so blessed how everything is playing out in my favor, and I know God's hand is involved. 

As for now, I am starting to feel better and better each day and am gaining my strength back in my arms. At first I could barely raise my arms, now I can almost reach straight up, so improvement is good. Although, it seems whenever I start feeling good, I get expanded again, which is pretty much true because I'm getting expanded about once a week. We're almost to our goal though. My plastic surgeon said it's perfectly fine to continue expanding during chemo, so we are starting to take it a little slower since my skin getting so tight and uncomfortable. I'm still sleeping terrible, but hey, I never really sleep that good anymore so what's new? Right after surgery I actually slept like a baby because I was on so many drugs and Kaydence wasn't in my bed with me to wake me, so it was kind of nice to get un-interuppted sleep, but I do still miss sleeping with my lovies. I'm sleeping in Kaydence's room all by myself and I sleep terrible. 

We are finally all settled in my parents downstairs. It was a nightmare moving down here. I didn't realize how much crap we had accumulated until we had to downsize and decide what to keep and what to toss. Now that we are settled though, I am actually really enjoying being down here. Kaydence finally has her own room! Can you believe it!?!?! At the guest house, it's only a 1 bedroom, so we used the pantry as her bedroom. It was ridiculous. Her toddler bed barely fit in there and her toys took up the rest of the room. It's also fun to have my brother Dallas as our roomie. He is in the room next to our kitchen, which was my Dad's old office, so it has it's own outside entrance, and so does our family room, so it's like we both have our own place. I can't complain. My parents are so generous to allow us to rent here. We have everything we need, the only thing we share is the laundry room. 

I will probably write again after I start chemo. I have no idea how my body is going to react to chemo, but I'm hoping it won't make me sick. It will only be 3 months though, so I can do this!

PS People have asked me, how are you so strong though all of this? I have a lot of responses to that, but it pretty much narrows down to 3 answers: God, my husband Tanner, and this sweetie pie...

0 sweet words: