Thursday, October 25, 2012

Chandra's 27th Birthday

The day before my birthday this year I got my second round of chemo. It wasn't too bad except they couldn't get my vein again. I have the worst veins ever. I even drank tons of water that morning too, but it was still difficult. Then that night I laid in bed from 11:30pm to 4:00am wide awake tossing and turning. It was ridiculous. It wouldn't have been a huge deal if it hadn't been my birthday the next day. Come to find out it's common for people to have a hard time going to sleep right after chemo. I was a zombie the next day but it turned out to be a good birthday after all. 
That morning, Tanner surprised me with a birthday breakfast and then shopping. He even made me a cute little birthday sign. Notice it's spelt wrong. Tanner told me he stayed up making me a sign on the computer in the middle of the night and our printer broke, so he hand wrote it. It's the thought that counts :)
Apparently Kaydence was tired too. This is how I get most of my shopping done. 
After shopping we headed home for me to take a birthday nap. That night, Tanner had put together a party for me with dinner and games. It was a very fun night. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. There's a few girls missing here and it's so blurry but love these girls.
Then for my cake, Tanner got my favorite cake, cheesecake. That is the only cake I can not say no to.

After dinner we headed inside to hang out and play games. 
 Thanks lovie for the wonderful birthday!

1 sweet words:

Diane... said...

YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL CHANDRA...INSIDE AND OUT!!! AND WHAT LOVELY MEN YOU HAVE LOVING AND SUPPORTING YOU...as for me, my husband, (your Father In Law's cousin), was already bald...I had been shaving his head for years and so it wasn't nearly that fun when he did mine :) nor did I look nearly as good as you do!! I LOVE READING YOUR STORY!!
I'm sharing a couple of my blog post
http://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=7515281134235761662#editor/target=post;postID=8453033705152119370
where I spotlighted your blog I loved the pictures here and the write up on the censored one...I know that you'll get a kick out of it too and the video of the pink gloves...
and
http://throughtheyearsinsunshineandinshade.blogspot.com/2012/10/memories-flowed.html

I don't know if these links will come through but
BEST OF EVERYTHING WITH THE BATTLE YOU ARE FIGHTING...YOU'RE A WARRIOR EXTRAORDINAIRE!!!