Saturday, September 10, 2016

Last Chemo Treatment // Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center

I finally finished my last (4th) chemo treatment on July 26th. It was a good day. Even though the effects would linger for a few weeks, it felt good to see light at the end of the tunnel. 
Tanner set up a last chemo celebration a couple weeks after my treatment when I was feeling better. I am going to continue getting infusions every 3 weeks for the next year, but it's not a chemo, it's a medicine called herceptin and has minimal manageable side effects. I also am getting hormone blocker shots every 3 months that basically turn off my ovaries temporarily, but I will do that for a long time as opposed to getting my ovaries taken out for the time being. It feels so good to be surrounded by those that love and care about me. I have had so much support from my family and I'm so grateful to have such a strong support system. 

0 sweet words: