I had finished my chemotherapy last summer, but I continued getting infusions of a medicine called Herceptin, so my treatments weren't officially over until June 6th. It was a special day. Tanner, my mom and my Kathy Mom came and visited with me while I got my treatment. A volunteer that worked there asked me when my last treatment was a few weeks prior, so he showed up with a cupcake a note and a pin! He was so thoughtful. He is a cancer survivor too. Then afterwards, more of my family was there with me to ring the bell. As I read the poem engraved by the bell, I was all choked up and could barely read it. It felt so good to have it behind me once again, hopefully for the final time.
That evening Tanner had planned a Last Treatment Celebration Party. We went swimming and had BBQ. It was a great night to remember.






0 sweet words:
Post a Comment