Friday, April 8, 2011

Riparian Preserve at Water Ranch

In Gilbert there's a cool water preservation park called Riparian Preserve at Water Ranch. It consists of about 8 lakes or ponds and paths throughout the park. It's a cool place to go right in the middle of the city. We didn't get to walk much of it, but from what we saw, it was pretty cool. On a side note, don't plan on bringing bread if you go. They don't allow you to feed bread to the ducks because they say it's bad for the ducks health. We were disappointed. They do say you can feed them other grains though. 









 This poor little duck was a one legger. He's a good flier though!

2 sweet words:

SuZan said...

Chandra, I LOVE the pictures.

Would you mind sharing your secrets? At least a little one. Well maybe it isn't little. How do you make the background blur out? I now have my Nikon 3100 DSLR with two lenses 18-55 mm and 55-200mm. I canNOT get either to blur the background. What am I doing wrong?

Chandra said...

I'm happy to share secrets with you. The secret to getting blurred background is using a low aperture. If you don't have a professional lens, you probably can't go lower than 3.5. My favorite aperture to shoot at is 2.8, but shooting at 3.5, you can still get a blurred background. If you have a zoom lens, to get the most blur out of your lens zoom in as far as you can and use a low aperture. Let me know if that helps.