Thursday, July 14, 2011

Macie Plus Three

That's right! Our chihuahua had puppies! And they are the cutest things I've ever seen. So it all started about 3 months ago when my sister's dog came over to play+ and the rest is history. Macie actually had them a week before her due date, which apparently is common for small dogs. It was last Saturday, July 9th and we were outside swimming. We started noticing Macie acting weird and "nesting" in the bushes. About an hour after, I had to leave for a photoshoot way the heck in BFE, so I left and a couple hours later I get a text from Tanner that says "call me". I didn't think twice about Macie. I thought she would be having the puppies in a week or so, but I call him and he goes on talking to me for about 5 mins before he says anything about it! He then says, Macie is a mommy! I was so excited followed by being so sad. I wanted to be there for it. He said she did great though and had them within a half hour from starting labor. There are two females and one male. They are so sweet. Macie is a long haired chihuahua and the dad, Baxter, is a miniature pinscher.

Here's one of the puppies just a few hours old.
Here they are 4 days old. They are growing healthy and strong. Macie is doing a great job nursing them. Kaydence loves them of course. 




2 sweet words:

Anonymous said...

awww they are so cute!!!! I hope dad keeps the mini baxter!

Chandra said...

You mean Max :)