Friday, August 17, 2012

Good News After Other Good News!

Earlier this week we met with my oncologist. She told us upfront that things are looking good and she went over the pathology results and that everything looks great. She went on to tell me that she has some good news and is recommending only a 3 month chemo plan rather than the 6 months that we had discussed before! I was so relieved to hear this news. Thinking that it's only half the time I was expecting is awesome news. Tanner and I immediately had a prayer in the car before we left Banner MD Anderson and thanked God for prompting the doctors to know what my body needs. We've been praying that I won't have to do anything that's unnecessary for by body because God knows all and knows what is needed to cure my cancer. So that was a very good day. 

Today we met with my radiation oncologist to discuss radiation. We've been told the entire time since the beginning that I will most likely need radiation after chemotherapy, so just count on it. Today we anxiously waited in the room which seemed to be forever because we knew we were going to be finding out either really good news or expected news that we've already mentally prepared ourselves for. The doctor finally walked in the door and talked for only a minute or so and then just got right down to business. She proceeded to tell me that she has gone through every report and pathology result with a fine tooth comb and there is absolutely no reason for radiation. She is very confident that if there is anything left, if anything, that the chemotherapy will take care of it. I wanted to start crying right there on the spot, but held my composure until we got out of her office. We were so relieved to hear that. We will find out when I start chemo probably next week, and then we are guessing it will be in the next 2 weeks or so. 

God truly is real and is answering each and every prayer. Nothing is coincidence and I believe that everything happens for a reason. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is true and has a true and living prophet to speak the word of God to us. I know some people may not have the best opinions about Mormons, but judging the religion by the people is not the way to find out if a church is true. You judge it by it's teachings and principles. Everyone makes mistakes everyday and a lot of Mormons make big mistakes, so there's no way to determine if the LDS church is true unless you pray with all your heart and search and study the Book of Mormon, and if it is true, which I 100% know it is, then God will answer your prayers, most likely the answer will come through a passage of scripture or a strong warm feeling of confirmation in your heart, or even by a friend or relative. God works through people and that's why I feel it's so important for me to always try to be in tune with the spirit so that if God is prompting me to say something or to help someone that needs an answer to a prayer, I can be humble and spiritually alert enough to be God's hand piece. I feel so incredibly blessed right now and so far through my journey I've gained such a stronger testimony of prayer, service, sacrifice, family bonds, friendship, missionary work, tithing, enduring to the end and the Atonement of Jesus Christ. 

Another thing I've realized is what true love really is. Some girls believe that it's the butterflies you feel every single time you see your love, or the passion you feel when you kiss, but it's much more than all that stuff that is in fairy tales and in the movies. Tanner is living proof of true love. He has been there every single step of the way and I haven't heard a single complaint out of him. 

True love is sacrifice after sacrifice. True love is laughing and crying with each other. True love will have it's up's and downs, but no matter what you find a way to get through it together. True love is always there for you even when you don't think you need it. True love is giving without expecting anything in return. True love is making your one and only the most important focus on a daily basis, not just on special occasions. True love is knowing a person almost better than they know them self. True love is pushing the one you love around in a wheelchair while she shops, then helping her try on clothes for hours to help her decide what to get. True love is sacrificing the food you love, to help support the one you love on a "special cancer diet". True love is  making the one you feel beautiful no matter how awful she looks. True love is finding a way to enjoy doing the things your true love really enjoys doing. True love is making sure you both have family prayer before bed each night. True love is going to chick flicks on date nights just because you want to make your sweetie enjoys the movie. True love is an everlasting love and never ends. True love is special and it's very hard to find. I guess I am one of those very lucky girls. I cannot wait to get 100% better so that I can give Tanner my 200% of true love that he's shown me. 


0 sweet words: