Sunday, February 6, 2011

Five Years and Counting

Me and Tanner have been married five whole years! This anniversary wasn't anything crazy. We just went to dinner, but it was one of the most thoughtful years yet. 

I decided this year I wanted to do something that I spend a lot of time on, so I decided to put together a "date box". We always have ideas of things we want to do on dates, but then when it really comes down to it, we can never remember what we wanted to do. So I bought this super cute stained glass mosiac heart box. It was meant to be. First of all, the moment I saw it, I knew it was perfect because it had Tanner's name written all over it (not literally). Then I went to purchase it, and it was 50% off (well sure it was only originally $1.99, but still... it was exciting for me). So that was the easy part. I then had to think of a ton of dates and type and cut them out to put in the box. It took forever, but it ended up turning out perfect.

So I come home to roses and a card, and a hubby ready to take me out to dinner. 

 So I gave him his gift...
He loved it. He couldn't wait to see what was written in there, so he looked at a few. Then we dropped off Kaydence at the Goodmans to babysit, and we headed out to dinner. On the way there, Tanner turns on one of our songs, Girl Like You by Pete Yorn. I noticed it was a different version, but didn't think anything of it. So I start singing along. Then the song is over and it starts playing again. I'm thinking, why is he playing it again??? Oh well, I can listen to it again. But then I think, hmm there's something fishy going on here. So I listen up and what!!?!?!?!! Seriously!?!?!? It was Tanner! Oh my gosh, it was so cute! He recorded it for me. My brother Dallas played the guitar and Tanner did the vocals. It sounded so professional because my brother has awesome recording equipment. I couldn't stop smiling. Make my night. 
 I couldn't be happier and I know that we are a forever family. Sure we have our downs just like everyone, but our ups completely overpower the downs and make it so worth it. I love my husband so much. He makes an awesome father and husband. I feel so blessed. Happy Anniversary Tanner. I love you!

2 sweet words:

Unknown said...

So sweet.
You are lucky because (most) guys don't do sweet things like that... or even think of sweet things to do on their own...

Chandra said...

i know i was so proud of him. he is so sweet.