Monday, May 19, 2014

8th Anniversary - Suprise Trip to Chicago

Tanner and I celebrated our 8th anniversary on February 3, 2014. Tanner had told me earlier that month not to book any photoshoots the weekend before our anniversary (it was on a Monday), so I kept that weekend open, but didn't expect a trip or anything, so I didn't think anything of it. I got really sick the week before and was really not feeling well. I even took off a few days from work because I was that sick. The Wednesday before the weekend I kept open, Tanner said you'd better not be sick this weekend. I said I'd work on it. Thursday evening I was still feeling terrible. Tanner said well, we have a flight in the morning to Chicago, so do you want to come and be sick there? I was excited but at the same time so disappointed. I asked him if we could reschedule. He had looked into it and it would end up being at least double the price to rebook it, so I decided I'd rather be in my hotel room sick than at my house, so we packed out bags and headed to our flight the next morning. At that point I was still feeling awful. I tried to sleep the entire flight, so I got a good little nap. We got there and it was FREEZING!! But so exciting! We got to our hotel room and found a cute little romantic set up from the hotel staff. It was kind of cheezy but so thoughtful. The person that wrote the card apparently thinks he's an artist haha. We had a good laugh. The first day we pretty much sat in bed watching lots of movies. Tanner brought a cable where he could connect his laptop to the TV. He's always so prepared. Later that day we decided to get out of the hotel room and explore a little. I was getting a little energy. We found Ghiardelli's and discovered my favorite hot cocoa, Sea Salt Caramel! It was amazing and I crave it to this day. That evening we went to the famous Gino's East Pizzeria. It was so good! They have a wall you can sign and we found lots of famous peoples names on the wall. Unfortunately we didn't sign it because they sell pens for like $10 to sign it haha. We are cheap, but next time we will bring some whiteout (it's a black wall). The next day I started feeling much better. We walked around a lot and it was snowing. It was beautiful and FREEZING! It was about 18 degrees. I think that's the coldest weather I've ever been in. After lots of exploring and shopping, we came back to the hotel room. Tanner booked me a much needed massage and it was amazing. Our last day we went to go see "The Bean". But before we did, we found a yummy breakfast cafe called Wildberry's. I ordered the crepes, and they were the most amazing crepes I've ever had! It was pretty much a dessert for breakfast. All in all it ended up being a great trip and I'm so glad I decided to go being sick. 


0 sweet words: