Well 6 weeks of radiation is over! It actually went by pretty quick. Probably because I was enjoying staying at home with my sweet little girl. The first couple of weeks I didn't notice any side effects. Third week I started noticing the burn and fatigue, but not too terrible. By week 4 was when I really started noticing the side effects more. It was nothing compared to chemo though and I am so grateful I didn't have to go through that again. I even got to wear these awesome totally stylish stickers all over. I can't tell you how many stares I got, especially from little kids. They probably thought I had cuts and the red marker was blood. My skin is peeling like crazy, but no signs of infections or complications, so everything should heal up well.
So I go back to work on Monday and I'm really not looking forward to it, but I have to unfortunately. I've really got a taste of what it would be like staying at home with Kaydence and I want that so bad. But for now it's not possible. Hopefully sometime soon though. I'm so grateful that all the cancer treatments are over. I will be starting a medicine called tamoxifen in about a week and I have to take it for 10 years. The big downside to the medicine, other than effecting my hormones and mood, is that I cannot get pregnant on it and I am so crushed, but my doctor gave me the ok to take a break in 5 years from it to have my embryos implanted so I can have a baby (or two!) and then start it back up after I deliver. So I am really looking forward to it! I could be angry and complain how it's not fair that everyone else gets to have kids and get pregnant no problem, but that's not reality. There are thousands of girls out there that NEVER get to conceive, so I find myself counting my blessings. Also everyone's trials come in different forms and a lot of times less visible or obvious than cancer or infertility. Everyone is fighting a hard trial and I pray we can all turn to God for strength, because he is always there for us if we ask.
I am honored to have such a healthy sweet little daughter and glad there's hope for her to have more siblings in the future. She will make a great big sister one day and I'm looking forward to the day that will happen. In the mean time, I am really focusing on making our time we have together meaningful and memorable. There's not many families that are able to spend one on one time with one child on a regular basis, so I find that a huge blessing.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do your self checks monthly. Thanks to my Heavenly Father watching over me and prompting me to do a self check, I was able to find the cancer the first time I ever checked myself. The chances of that happening are next to impossible and it has been a huge testimony building experience for me. I hope my experience has touched you as much as it has touched me. Just the pure love and service I've received from people I don't even know is overwhelming and I thank all of you for your kindness and example of Christ. Thanks to all that have prayed for me and supported me through my second journey. I really hope this is the last, but I'm definitely more aware and cautious.


0 sweet words:
Post a Comment